03 September 2008

I am way too tired to come up with a decent title for this.

So, the past few days have been rather epic, no lie.

Sunday, Tess and I went with a bunch of random people to the Museum of Fine Arts (free with our snazzy MIT ID cards...) and saw some fabulous fine arts! Actually, it was really amazing and I nearly died when I went into the Impressionism room because Monet and Degas just make me so happy. After the art museum and a fruitless search at the Galleria mall for hangers for Tess, I was off to a million and two (okay, three) club intro meetings.

First was the Parliamentary Debate team, which I am ridiculously excited about. I really miss competitions, and debate is going to be amazing. As soon as the demo round was over, I dashed over to the student center to go to the Tech. I volunteered myself for writing a story about the US News and World Report rankings, which I am kicking myself over because it's already stressing me out. Not good. Anyway. So, after visiting the snazzy offices of the campus newspaper, I hiked on over to WMBR, MIT's radio station. We got to eat free pizza (which, by the way, was better than the pizza they gave us at the Tech), and we got a tour of the station, which is pretty bad-ass.

On Monday, Tess, Stunes and I went to Target. My oh my, was that epic. So, we had to trek to the bus stop in Central Square, take a bus, walk several blocks and across the Target parking lot. After we came out of the store with an entire cart's contents in giant bags, we went back to the bus stop and waited, and waited, and waited. The bus we wanted never came, so we ended up having to take a bus to Harvard Square, where we got on the T and took that to Central Square and then we had to walk back to Simmons from there (and that is a long walk when you're carrying a bajillion things). It was a really long day, and I naturally complained a lot.

Tuesday morning, I was on the radio! Yeppers...
Stream it here. I played the set starting with "Oregon Girl" by Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin. Pretty much, the second half-hour. The other shows are good too, though! Definitely listen to them! And you can make fun of the times where I messed up. Whoo...

Today, I worked on getting textbooks. Holy crap, they are expensive. If I went through the Coop for everything, I'd have to pay something like $860. Which is not going to happen. I really hate whoever decided that these books needed to be so damn expensive. Seriously, our high school textbooks were at most $60 and they really aren't all that different. Grrrr...

And now I'm going to bed because I am really tired and I have classes in the morning! Yea! Sorry if this post is rife with errors or passages of incoherence. My brain is already pretty much a goner. For now, here's this interesting (okay, maybe if you're from the Northwest) article about spotted owls! I like how they don't mention that the spotted owls and barred owls are cross-breeding in the wild...

Oh, and hi there Mom and Dad! :)

No comments: