15 August 2008

I ain't sayin' my goodbyes...

Okay, sorry for the Tom Vek reference there. It was either that or an Elliot Smith reference, so I decided to go with the techno-y song.

I leave Sunday morning for MIT, and I have to say that I'm actually genuinely wanting to go now. A few days ago, I really just wanted more time at home and hated saying goodbye to everyone and everything here in Oregon. Now I really just want to get it over with and get to MIT already!

Wednesday night was my going away (but not forever) party! My mom made quite a spread, and we're still trying to eat all the extra food she made (and there's A LOT). Everyone was amazing for coming, and we all had a really good time. Sorry I didn't take any pictures - I'm a huge bum, I know - but I wasn't really thinking about my camera. The games of elbow-tag and Mafia were amazing (and yes, we did play classic summer camp games at my party... there were a million people there who are camp counselors during the summer) and staying at Shari's until 3 AM was pretty fabulous. Our waitress is pretty much my new favorite person. She asked if it was my birthday (we definitely showed up with a group of 10 at 12:30 AM), and when she was told that it was my going away party, she said she'd give me pie anyway. So, I got a slice of cookies and cream pie because I'm going off to MIT. And it was delicious.

Okay, so I'm going to go work on getting new glasses and a few last minute things for school. And then I'm heading home to pack! I don't have a single box filled, and my suitcases are empty. I've been putting it off because it's just so eerie to me to be leaving home, but I think I'm finally ready...

No comments: