17 August 2008

Hello MIT!

So I really don't know how to structure this blog, not going to lie.

I'm at MIT right now, alive, and I really have to say that I am completely overwhelmed right now.

I'm running on zero sleep, having pulled an all-nighter packing (and still forgetting a multitude of things I really need... like shampoo) and being seated next to a screaming infant on the flight here. When I finally got to Logan, our flight was a half-hour late, and I had to wait for the MIT Shuttle for an hour. After dumping my extremely heavy suitcases in my temporary room in Simmons, I headed over to the student center and picked up my wonderful packet o' goodness. So now I have a snazzy MIT ID card, and a ton of other packets, CDs and booklets.

Actually being on campus is a little surreal. CPW was a good introduction, but I think it's finally hit me that I'm going to MIT, and I'm now here for several months. I'm going to be living here... And now, all of a sudden, campus is huge. Boston and Cambridge are huge. I'm definitely experiencing some culture shock again, which I think is a little annoying, but I suppose I'll just have to deal with it.

But in the meantime, I'm going to get some sleep, because I am exhausted beyond belief.

2 comments:

Decree said...

Wait... you're in Simmons?! I have to find you!

KelseyK said...

Hahaha, yeah, I'm in Simmons... I'm sure I'll see you around...