28 September 2008

Humidity, we are not friends.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

So, the weather here is ridiculously humid and rainy. I am not a fan at all.

Cool things going on in the life of Kelsey:

Debate
This past weekend was the Columbia University tournament in New York City, so I got to see New York for the first time! We ended up getting there a little early on Friday, so we took the subway to Times Square to grab some lunch. The tournament magically got over pretty early so we actually got some sleep (it was beautiful) and that made the next day a lot easier. Aditi and I went 2-3 for the tournament... After everyone finished their five rounds, some went back to MIT, while some of us stayed behind in New York with the other car. We walked from Columbia to Columbus Circle while taking detours through Central Park.
Along the way we saw a number of landmarks, including... drum roll please... the Guggenheim!
Here it is in all its Frank Lloyd Wright glory:
And here's a picture to help you understand the weather in the city while we were there:
It was unbelievably muggy, and I have some terrible blisters from my flip flops. :(

Overall, I'm ridiculously happy I'm doing debate. I'm still working on transitioning to this new format, and I don't know that I'm really thinking like a debater yet, but I'm noticing major improvements so I think it'll be okay.

Radio!
So, I officially have a show now! It's on Tuesday mornings/Monday nights at 1-2 AM EDT/10-11 PM PDT. It's over the air at 88.1 fm, and for those of you outside the Cambridge area you can stream it at wmbr.org. Pretty much, I am really excited.

School work
I had two exams last week, and I have another one this Wednesday. P-sets are still insane. I still hate Mastering Physics. I have a five-page essay about The General due on Thursday (YEA! Writing makes me happy...). You know, the usual.

Interesting Articles
Okay, so these aren't really things going on in my life per se, but they came up in my RSS feeder. The first one is really interesting and the forestry nerd in me is a big fan. The second one is for my dear friends Joanna and Elisa. Enjoy!

Preventing forest fires with tree power

Wild turkeys wear out welcome in Philomath
(This could Tom Dinner's future! Or maybe we should let Vespa take care of the problem... She could tackle them.)

[Edit: here's another interesting article I just found...
NASA Mars Lander Sees Falling Snow, Soil Data Suggest Liquid Past
That is hardcore.]

Muzak
And now for some happy music. I discovered this video today (well, the video, not the song) and thought I'd share...


Irving - "Situation"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to help Vespa with some turkey removal.

Elisa Lehto said...

hehehe, that reminds me of Tom Dinner.

how's StumbleUpon treating you?