28 July 2008

3 weeks?! Wait. How did that happen?!?!

Yep. I have three weeks left until I head off to MIT.

It's kind of freaking me out, not gonna lie. At the beginning of the summer I couldn't wait and it felt like I had forever before I had to leave. And now I'm looking at a packed three weeks, full of packing, eating at all my favorite restaurants one last time, packing, late-night Shari's runs with friends (because french toast and scrambled eggs taste AMAZING at 2 AM), hiking, trips to Powell's, and more packing!

I'm really happy that I was able to go back to camp for a couple of weeks, though. Everyone was amazing, and the last week I was a Unit Leader and had perfect campers. Perfect! It was kind of unbelievable. And I was able to hike up to the Falls on the last day (Eleven summers there, and I'd never seen them. Pathetic.) and I got to spend time with three of my best friends and overall I am super-happy that I went because I feel just a little bit more sane and ready for life.

Things are really started to become a lot more real. Housing results came out while I was at camp, and I finally checked them on Friday. I'm in Simmons! On the 10th floor... Sad sauce. [Oh goodness. Definitely picked that one up from Meghann...] But, the Blogger application also came out! Which is very exciting, except I really don't know how that's going to go. Lolcats or YouTube art: two things I really don't know much about. And, my laptop is still being a brat and refuses to connect to the internet. Yea! Go me!

My friend Damian had a going-away party yesterday (he left for Basic for the Marines today) and it was really strange. All my friends are moving out of their parents' houses and going off to school or getting jobs and I don't know if I'm fully comprehending the fact that I'm not going to see some of these people again, and we're all going separate ways. There are people I've gone to school with for 13 years, and now I'm not going to see them on a daily basis for nine months every year. In some respects, that's a good thing, but it's also really bad. It's just a weird transistion period and I really don't know how to react. Bleh.

No comments: