08 April 2008

ZOMGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time tomorrow, I will be in Boston.

I am so excited you have no idea.

MIT's Campus Preview Weekend (CPW) starts Thursday and I am definitely looking forward to it! Four days of amazingness! I have a feeling that I am going to be consuming high volumes of caffeinated beverages. Coffee, coffee and more coffee! Chocolate-covered coffee beans would be good as well. The only thing I'm not super-happy about is the weather. It's been raining and hailing for quite a while here (it is the Willamette Valley...), but it's supposed to get warm starting tomorrow. It's even supposed to get up to 70 degrees on Saturday. In Cambridge? Rain. I won't die or anything, but it's not the greatest thing ever. And, I've been informed that people actually use umbrellas in the Northeast. That is a very foreign concept...

Luckily, my teachers didn't assign me any homework over the week that I'm gone. They simply wrote things like "Enjoy," "Have a great time," "Hope you get food poisoning," and "Don't play 21!" on my pre-arranged absence slip. Gotta love teachers that have a sense of humor.

They were just talking about goats on the news... What?!

Speaking of goats... Someone from MIT called me last week about CPW airfare, and it turned out to be the person who read my application. I guess pictures of sheep, goats and pigs were taped to my file. That's quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

No comments: